Member i7 OverClocking Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
I thought it might be cool to compile a list of what final stable clocks people are getting on their i7, if you think this is dumb... so be it.. but I'd like to know where I stand compared to others... so I'll start it off... please use the same format for a uniform list. Suggestions welcome... if air cooled, post cooler.. might help people choose... watercooling would be too long of a list...

Myowngod: i7 920, D0, EVGA X58, Bios Vcore 1.4, Load Temps ~77C, Idle ~46C, HT: off, Turbo: on, bclock: 215, final clock: 4.5ghz, Prime Small FFTs 5hrs. (Watercooled)

Edit: I'd like to add, this isn't intended to be a competition... just a reference point for people.. maybe it will help others... or they can ask people with similar setups for help...

post all your voltages and clocks.

cpu=1.4
vtt=?
qpi=?
nb vcc=?
sb vcc=?
ram voltage=?
ram clocks=?
ram speed=?

this info is just as important!

ill start with my small Air OC

cpu @ 3.8GHz
vcore @ 1.34v
vtt@ 1.34v
qpi @ 1.3v
nb vcc=stock(auto)
sb vcc=stock(auto)
ram @ 1.64v
bclk @ 200
multi @ 19
ram @ 1600MHz
8-8-8-24 timings
uncore @ 3200MHz
60C load (+/- 5)
30C idle (+/- 3)
HT on
turbo off
speed step off
CIE off

i7 920 CO (non lapped)
Vigor Monsoon III (non lapped)
TX-2 paste

Are you looking more for the highest stable clock or what we run at 24/7?

It seems to me that 24/7 clocks may be more useful to someone looking to buy.

Well... as long as my temps are low enough... I run my highest stable clock 24/7... all voltages can help, but makes a list form more difficult (i was going to compile posts into a list) perhaps we will leave that as an option... because if we get too into it, everything will be VERY lenghty.. maybe leave the details until someone inquires? idea was to get people to post in that template, and compile a list, someone could look at... find a similar setup/mobo, and maybe PM them about some settings... or they could choose parts hoping to yield a similar result... ?? this was just an idea... I am open to changes..

I can run stable just above 4.0 but the temps were a bit more than I liked.

I run 24/7 at 3.36

bclk 160
multi 21
vcore 1.2
ram 1600 @ 1.65v
9-9-9-24
ht on
turbo off
load temps 68C

C0 stepping
TRUE 120

I can run higher with temps fine but a 160bclk makes for nice ram settings

at 4.0 I was running around a vcore of 1.35

I can run stable just above 4.0 but the temps were a bit more than I liked.

I run 24/7 at 3.36

bclk 160
multi 21
vcore 1.2
ram 1600 @ 1.65v
9-9-9-24
ht on
turbo off
load temps 68C

C0 stepping
TRUE 120

I can run higher with temps fine but a 160bclk makes for nice ram settings

at 4.0 I was running around a vcore of 1.35

What ram are you running? (now i see in sig...) the ocz platinums I have were able to do 7-8-7-24 @1700 - and 8-9-8-24 @ 1850, rated at 7-7-7-24 @ 1600... very over clockable ram... seems like the d0 wasnt such a big an improvement in voltages, I believe I needed 1.35 to hit 4.0... but man this watercooling thing kicks butt with temps...

One of my sticks of ram freaks out at anything over 1600.
Have not messed with the timings as of yet.

haha, all of my sticks freak out after 1600, i should have gotten platinum over xmp.
the price difference is null.

cant blame you for that... i think if i push it, these will run over 1800 with 9-9-9-24 or so and more volts... but its not worth it... but for "cheap RAM" its pretty nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom