Building Gaming Computer-Need people to check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for the response.

But just to make sure, is that all i will need to build my computer? I have the mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc..

Don't bump your thread. This is not our job, we are not constantly checking threads. We will answer when we see it.

Now, if this is a gaming build, I would recommend you upgrade your gpu because a 9800gt isnt that fast of a card. It will play most games on med settings depending on your resolution maybe but I would recommend atleast a gtx260 or something. What kind of games do you play?

WoW and CSS.
Then the occasional MMO's.
But I would prefer to just keep this gpu considering its not that bad. And med settings would be fine with me tbh.

Oh ya with those games your GPU will be fine. Those games are so old and very easy to run I don't really consider this a gaming computer.

Oh ya with those games your GPU will be fine. Those games are so old and very easy to run I don't really consider this a gaming computer.

A 9800GT will play almost all games on High, so I dunno what you are talking about.

Don't bump your thread. This is not our job, we are not constantly checking threads. We will answer when we see it.

Now, if this is a gaming build, I would recommend you upgrade your gpu because a 9800gt isnt that fast of a card. It will play most games on med settings depending on your resolution maybe but I would recommend atleast a gtx260 or something. What kind of games do you play?

ya, your making it sound like a 9600GT or something. ;)

but the 9800GT will def run those games mentioned by the OP. maxed out.

what res do you play at?

Everything is compatible, but I would get this RAM instead: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

CD/DVD burners also read CD's and DVD's.
also, the PI blacks were a better choice, for amd having the CLK4 timings is better then faster ram.

ya, your making it sound like a 9600GT or something. ;)

but the 9800GT will def run those games mentioned by the OP. maxed out.

what res do you play at?
An 8800gt/9800gt is not really that fast of a card anymore, compared to the gts/x 260/275 and 80/85. To the OP you should really get a 4870 512 which should get you a bit more for your money. Also dont get vista ultimate, its just a waste stick with premium.

So you are saying that if it wont run new games ...it is not a gaming pc.....good lord.....please.....that is still a very good video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom