Too Much RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
well anything more than 4GB RAM is a waste of RAM if you have 32-bit OS but as long as you have a 64-bit OS it will hold you off for another several years as programs that we use now rarely use 2GB except when doing CAD or opening photoshop with many layers/files.

If all your memory slots are occupied it will degrade your overclocking potential.

And Higher Speed modules will often have to run at a slightly lower speed when all the slots are occupied.

And Higher Speed modules will often have to run at a slightly lower speed when all the slots are occupied.

would it?? i mean lower than the stock speeds? i know for a fact that it will decrease the overclocking potential as one stick my not be as good as the other but how would it run at a slightly lower speed when all slots are occupied?

He's saying you'd have to manually set the speed lower. Which is true when you're increasing the BCLK.

As long as you have a 64 bit OS you are fine. I highly doubt you are going to use anything over 5 on your system though.

Actually if you are running vista, 12gb is kinda nice. But i pulled out 3 sticks due to having issues with overclocking. They'll go back in once i get my benching done. It's nice to have ram left over after prefetch takes over 4-5gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom