Video Card Advice for The Sims 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie105

Baseband Member
I've just bought The Sims 3 and when I play it it's pretty slow! I'm sure it's my video card because it's only built in and I need to upgrade it anyway, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest the cheapest card that would run the game so smoothly. Attached is a snap shot of my PC's performance for running The Sims 3 and even though it passed, it does not run as I hoped it would!

EDIT: Just realised that you cant really see the results! So I'll type up my Video Card Results.

NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i

1.8GB with 3D Acceleration

Pixel Shader 3.0

Oh and by the way I would like to have all the settings on high and to the best possible when I play so I will need a card that can handle that

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,573
well, since your using onboard video, pretty much any upgrade will give you an improvement.

what is your budget?

Sims 3 isn't very demanding, you should be able to use a very cheap HD 4670 (will run on pretty much any comp, as it requires no power connector) or HD 4770 (powerful, does require a power connector, but beats an 8800GT, but might be a little overboard for just Sims3) and run that thing on max.

I didn't really want to spend any more than £50 but I guess I'm going to have to. Is there anything that will throw it around under £50?

EDIT: I have found an old Radeon 9250 128MB laying around the house, will that be ok?

Didn't it also come in PCI?

But that card beat the FX 5500's (which would be Geforce 5500's) and much worse than your current card

Just to let you know, my current build posted in my signature with my BFG 280 GTX video card could play The Sims 3 on max settings perfectly with no glitching/lag in graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom