The very Definition of "Hardware Trouble Shooting" - my P6T Deluxe Mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Ok so I got this amazing computer now right? and I love it to death! but. .. erm... I moved it to my desktop (eye level) so I could monitor fans and heat better, and any sounds that might happen (its a very, VERY old case it's all crammed in with the 4890 GPU)

On the motherboard... there is a light.. a demonic, taunting, evil, little, BLUE light under my First RAM (or is it the Third.. never did find out if it was 0/1/2/3/4/5 or 1/2/3/4/5/6 from CPU to Side or from Side to CPU.... but anyway... back to the evil blue light)

It's a little LED lit up under the RAM channel - NO OTHER RAM lights are on -and looking close you can see SEVERAL.....

WHAT IS THIS LIGHT? WHY IS IT ON?

I looked at ASUS tech.. no luck.. .my User Guide... doesn't even show the light.... and Newegg.. doesn't have the mobo anymore... but I stole this pic from the OS palm version (looks Identicle) and highlighted with a green arrow the culprit light...

It is also crazy bright - horrible quality photo of it from a friend's Cam coming up after the ID picture::
LittleBlueLight.png

and the lights on picture:
IM000218.jpg

The light indicates that the MB is getting power. Some MB come with them, some do not. Mine has a red light on it, which is always on as long as the MB has power connected to it and is plugged in. It just shows that the MB is getting power.

It is not mentioned in any of your books because it does not indicate anything really other than power.

No I don't think that's it:

1_ why would there be like 2 lights for each RAM chip if only 1 is to be on?

2_ why put it THERE?

3_ it has several other indicators - I'll post a picture- one is a power button - one is the WHITE Asus logo being lit by like 8 super bright white LEDS lower on the board (you can't make out ASUS in the picture- but that is what the bright white blur is)

The red blur is a power button the green blur is a reset button (says reset)

IM000216.jpg

no see the light physically itself , while blue, doesn't "bother" me, it's not knowing wtf it is there for that bothers me.. I like to know what's going on in my lovely PC and I have figured out the other lights and oddities, but there is no information on this... I've read the manual like 8x..... I want to know what all the little lights for the RAM are.....

Guess I'll mess around in bios and see if a pattern changes.

Well I did figure something out, it's under slot 5 of my RAM channels, the board lists them from 1-6 from the edge toward the CPU...

Not that it helps much.. but at least one unsolved mystery is solved.

hate bumping but The ASUS page was no help.. not even the forum.. there is a post sitting there for like a week with no replies on the matter.... guess when I get a new case I'll look real close and see if it is labled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom