Question about build

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie072

Baseband Member
I hope you don't think this is a double post, but yesterday i posted this in the general pc build. Since then I've done some more thinking(I know, that's dangerous:D).

Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7 - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

I want to build a computer for flight simulators, namely :

DCS Blackshark
Microsoft Flight Sims
Falcon4.0

I also want to use one of these:

TrackIR 5 :: TrackIR :: Premium head tracking for gaming

My question is will the above build be able to handle the flight sims with the trackir smoothly without any slowing down??

Would I be better off with one of these?? If so, could you recommend components (mb, gpu and ram) to go with it.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

I definitely don't have unlimited funds, but I will be able to save up over a few months and as this will be my new hobby, I want to do it right.

Oh, one more question, is there any benefit of a SATA DVD burner vs. a IDE??

Thanks for the help. You guys really are DA BOMB!;)

odie072

Your build looks good, but I would get DDR2 1066 RAM and not DDR2 800. This gives you more headroom if you decide to overclock.

The Phenom II X4 940 and X4 955 will both work on the motherboard you picked out, as well as the RAM.

SATA DVD drives don't have big ugly cables, that's the only difference.

If you plan on buying this in a few months, then put the build together in a few months. That is a very long time for tech, I bet this build will be several hundred cheaper by then.

I think if your looking at one of those 3 CPU's and a ATI 4890, you'll be better served with a 790FX board instead of the 790GX. You'll spend about another $80.

Since this is a gaming build, for the price the AMD X3 720 is a great CPU. The money you save with this CPU will allow you to spend more on Mobo.

However, like CrazeD said, look at it again in a few months. If your not ready to purchase now, prices (and tech) will be different.

I have the GigaByte 790X and it works very well. No problems once so ever and has been running nearly at 100% usage for awhile.

I highly recommend something along the lines of a 940 X4 or 945. Subscribe to the Newegg newsletter and just watch the deals or check out our "Hot Deals" thread in the Buy/Sell section.

I'm also using that RAM you've selected. Not problems yet, though I wish now I'd of spent the extra on the 1066.

Don't rush into Newegg with a build. As soon as you do, next week you'll see the prices on the newsletter and end up looking like Trotter's avatar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom