ATI HD4870 512 Artifacting (picture included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmjayy

Solid State Member
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
HIS ATI HD4870 512
Windows Vista 32-bit

When I first purchased this computer last summer this artifacting/freezing would happen completely randomly. At about January I downloaded the newest drivers from the ATI website and the problem never happened again. Now I've gotten into closed beta for a game called AION. It's working perfectly fine on all my friends computers, but on mine whenever I try to open the game it artifacts and freezes like clockwork. It does not happen any other time. Do I need a new Video Card?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

UPDATE: I tried the game one more time, for the first time it artifacted as shown below but only for a few seconds then it BSOD. The error report I got on reboot was:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 828787C2
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 9B132B5F
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini060409-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ann\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-32292-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Ann\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC2E1.tmp.version.txt

039.jpg

226BW Monitor? I got it also, it's awesome.

Yes, it looks like it's time for a new video card. I would try taking it out, and reseating it. Also clean any dust out of it. Also run memtest just to be sure your memory is OK. What temperature does it run at? Does it happen on any other games?

As the above stated, attempt taking it out, clean ALL the dust out of the heatsink with canned air, also make sure that the fan is working, and that no dust is jammed up in it.

Also try to make sure you have the latest drivers from ATI installed along with the latest windows updates... That can also cause random artifacting if the driver is corrupted. It could also just be an issue with the game it self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom