*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I'm still the Top 30 :D but considering there are 37, it doesn't seem so good...

When I ran my 5000+ on here, it has no increase in SuperPI and CPU-Z and my computer still recognize it as my X2 4600+ @ 2600Mhz.. pretty screwed up

That is pretty weird...I remember older AMD processors were weird with the frequency...if you overclocked it, it would think it was a completely different processor. But that was the XP series...

Well I plan on ditching my board soon anyways (stupid capacitor...), then I'll actually try to overclock with this CPU..

I just realized my brothers x2 5200+ is one of the Windsors with 2x1mb of l2 so I may have to convince him to let me do some overcloking and superpi runs with it

I never said they were.

Well you said Intel cpu's are just better, which one would assume thats you meant by the statement.

Remember guys, just keep things in perspective. Most pcs only use 300 watts max, microwaves can use over a thousand watts. I don't think it will hurt your power bill.

Looking at my power panel status, my main rig is pulling 450watts from the wall running F@H (cpu idle, both gpu cores maxed) and my server is pulling around 275 watts (cpu and both gpu's maxed).

So im pulling around a constant 700watts from the wall with both systems.

Well you said Intel cpu's are just better, which one would assume thats you meant by the statement.

Looking at my power panel status, my main rig is pulling 450watts from the wall running F@H (cpu idle, both gpu cores maxed) and my server is pulling around 275 watts (cpu and both gpu's maxed).

So im pulling around a constant 700watts from the wall with both systems.

Most pc's mean Dell, HP and their Ilk, not folding machines or gaming rigs. Funny thing is the average power draw of your two systems is 362 watts, not far off what I said most systems draw.

Most pc's mean Dell, HP and their Ilk, not folding machines or gaming rigs. Funny thing is the average power draw of your two systems is 362 watts, not far off what I said most systems draw.

shoot less than that.

My old rig with the single gpu barely broke 200watts on load.

No, what I said was
Slaymate said:
Intel simply has the better cpu at the moment.

cpu not cpu's

Edit: And I said "at the moment", which implies that AMD is still in the competition. I also said in one of these posts that Intel and AMD both had there good points. As far as I see, I haven't bashed AMD at all. In fact, as soon as AMD regains the Throne I'll be one of the 1st to buy one :D

Back
Top Bottom