Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingbobertVII

Baseband Member
Hey Dudes, so I got my computer built and all, and I was wondering what Operating System I should grab? I have always used XP, but I got a suspicion that games will need vista or 7 pretty soon, as soon as they kick off big. (Really, I think 7, because vista kinda had problems :p) So, I would kinda like to keep XP, but since that seems crazy honestly, do you guys think I should get the 7 demo and then grab 7 once it gets to stores, or should I grab Vista? OR is there some way I could keep my beloved XP? Gonna grab whatever today and get the thing going, just curious as to what's the best idea. Thanks in advance, unless you guys don't answer. In which case, wtf in advance.

I would get the Windows 7 RC and run it until 7 is released sometime in October. 7 is great and in my opinion is the best version of Windows so far.

Ok, well I've got 2 people saying 7, I'll be getting this in a few hours unless there is some random objection from the other side of the forum... Thanks for the help.

You cannot loose. Win7 is free for one year. If you have major issues with it (which you will not but there will be minor inconveniences) you have xp as a backup. Sure xp will not recognize all of your ram but in a pinch it would work for you.

Then Oct 22nd when win7 becomes available you can either purchase it and install the real version or keep using the rc until it runs out at which time you will have to purchase a os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom