Comment on my new build please

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were me, I'd put that into a bigger hard drive for backing up DVDs, downloading music, storing your obscene material, ect.

Onboard audio is fine.

I don't have many files. I have a laptop with a HD equivalent to this, so storage is not an issue. I also have an external too.

If you're just going to listen to music/play games and such, onboard is more than adequate. The only time I recommend a sound card is if you're doing a lot of audio editing. But I've been living with onboard sound for quite some time, it should be fine for you.

If you're just going to listen to music/play games and such, onboard is more than adequate. The only time I recommend a sound card is if you're doing a lot of audio editing. But I've been living with onboard sound for quite some time, it should be fine for you.

Many people would argue that you have bad ears and that a dedicated sound card is mandatory. Although I won't go that far I will say that what works for you may not and probably wont work for everyone else. Like integrated graphics. I would kill myself before my main desktop used an IGP, but that suits you just fine.

Hehe, for like...a year I used intergrated graphics and audio both. Intel graphics for the win!

The only reason I upgraded was to have an S-Video out. Definitely true we all have different needs out of our computers, but I'm going to take a few random guesses here:

1. The majority of users wouldn't notice an upgraded audio card.
2. Most users don't spend enough on PC speakers for a different to be noticable.
3. Most people wouldn't even know what to look for in an audio card.

Many people would argue that you have bad ears and that a dedicated sound card is mandatory. Although I won't go that far I will say that what works for you may not and probably wont work for everyone else. Like integrated graphics. I would kill myself before my main desktop used an IGP, but that suits you just fine.

Integrated graphics suit me just fine because I still have a 17" CRT and I'm broke. ;)

As for my ears, trust me when I say I'm very picky about my audio files and their sound quality. But I'm not stupid, I'm not going to buy a dedicated sound card when I have a shoddy 2.1 speaker system that I'd never hear the difference on. If I went out and spent a couple hundreds of dollars on speakers or had this hooked up to a good receiver, that would be one thing.

Onboard sound is fine for the general populous, and I have survived with it for a while. When I'm not broke and just trying to get by paying my bills, we'll see what happens. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom