Post your Hard Drive Benchmark (HD Tach)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my Spinpoint F1, pretty average figures for its size but it's whisper quiet and runs more or less at room temperature most of the time.
I used to have a SCSI drive and a raptor in my old system but to be honest i don't miss them, they were more "snappy" off the mark but the transfer speeds weren't great and they both sounded like a lawn mower chewing a box of spanners.

samsungf1.jpg

^i had two SCSI drives up and running for a while there also, but i could just not bare the sound any longer. Fortunately i will have a empty closet in my new house where i can set up a small server, i can put them to use in it where the sound can't be heard. The access time was pretty good, but the rest of the specs were just decent, not worth it really. My SSD performs better then them in almost every aspect (especially sound wise since my ssd is silent lol )

I'm noticing CPU utilization on RAID systems is rather high... is the performance hit on your CPU really worth it? how many games are all that HDD intensive after all?

Here's my new OCZ Agility 120GB SSD running Windows7 Professional :D
agilitya.jpg

And I used the drives I had Vista64 and the Windows7 RC on and set them up in a Raid0 for Data (2x Seagate Barracuda 250GB) :D
datah.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom