Advice on building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regulus said:
Sorry if it took so long.....NetZero is the worst isp. I'll just say that. I'll only be able to list the stuff. Not the prices. Stupid internet won't work right.

NetZero does suck. If you can't get cable or DSL, try to get on a better dial-up ISP, such as earthlink, or better yet some local service. I know around here Earthlink is the fastest, connecting at 50.3 while NetZero connects at 19.2.

there will be in early October

Athlon 64 3500+ $315

eVGA Geforce 6800 GT 256MB $379

Arctic Cooling NV silencer 5 $31
cooler and quieter than the stock cooler, so if you want to overclock it, it will overclock further

Asus A8V Deluxe $131

1GB (2x512MB) Corsair PC3200XL Pro $289
the latencies are realy low, which makes it so fast it outperforms Corsair's own PC4000 memory

Enermax Noisetaker 470W $79
380W in that Sonata just isn't enough power, this Enermax PSU is quiet, very very reliable, and will deliver all of that 470W, and if needed, even more

AeroCool Silver JetMaster $65
strong, good cooling and lots of room.

Seagate 160GB SATA $98

Sony 21" flat monitor $119
says Dell but made by Sony, I actually have this model at my home, it is a great monitor, tried it out, but cant use it ATM on my current comp because my sisters think its too big, but I will be getting my own computer soon so yeah

36GB WD Raptor $105
really fast drive, put your OS and program files on this drive and leave your 160GB drive for storage, your computer will run a lot faster this way

total=$1611

*edit* cool, this is my 3000th post

"NetZero does suck. If you can't get cable or DSL, try to get on a better dial-up ISP, such as earthlink, or better yet some local service. I know around here Earthlink is the fastest, connecting at 50.3 while NetZero connects at 19.2."

Were preparing to move less than a mile away in a couple of weeks. Hallelujah, we're also getting Road Runner cable. =) =)

wow, thanks for the breakdown apokalipse, i'll check those links out tomorrow at work. the reason i wanted the sonata was for silence... anything quieter out there? seems like waiting a couple months might be the way to go, i'm sure companies are pushing products to come out around christmas time anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom