Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPeRViRuS

In Runtime
aiight

i have an aspire 520Watt PSU

i have over clocked my CPU which an AMD 64 3000 to work at 2.1 Ghz i am also using an Nividia 6800 128MB would it be ok to keep overclocking it. And how far should i go?

just increase it a lil at a time. Ag3 told me that ocing a gfx card takes a LONG time. u wana test ur card, pumping all u can out of it to see if its stable. So increase the frequency little by little, play a game for like 1-2 hours, then increase more. Once u start to see artifacts, thats when u stop, and lower it a bit, so they dont apprear after a LONG time of playing.

same thing as well for the cpu.. gotta find the prefect medium of vcore, fsb, and multiplier, good luck

aiight kool
can i just increase the FSB or will i need to increase the voltage and othe thing as well cuz i only know how to do the FSB

and also does any one know how well this overclocks

Should clock quite well that chip, and 520W PSU will be plenty. I don't know about the aspire psu but as long as the 12v rail holds steady you'll be fine. Push the fsb a few mhz at a time and check with prime95 that it's stable. If it fails then give it a little more volts, keeping an eye on the temp. (You can increase the Vcore in BIOS but like i said, watch the cpu temp!!)

Well overclocking my machine from stock speeds, to what they are now, I have noticed a 6000 point jump in aquamark3. That is really good btw for only jumping up 91mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom