dirt cheap build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a Fry's near you?

They commonly run deals of motherboard/cpu combos, usually celerons or semprons, for $59.99. Way better than what I've seen online. Also, Microcenter/Fry's occasionally have cases that are $10-$20 after rebates.

Those two together could put you under your budget.

Like I was saying, I've put dozens of those 380/420w Raidmax/Apevia PSUs in machines. Failure % is very low in general use machines.

I wouldn't recommend anything that I didn't think would work for a build.

And seeing as my build is 110 bucks over his budget already, he's not going to put an extra 25 bucks into the PSU.

No offense, but you are using one of the worst brands of PSU's in your system (Logisys).

I had a 450W Apevia that came with my case (couple years ago) and it failed within two months.

One day you'll see what happens when a piece of **** PSU blows up and fries your system. Then the 30$ more wouldn't seem so bad.

PSU's is the absolute worst component to skimp on. Buy a quality one now and don't worry about it again. I bet that Apevia you linked doesn't even output half of its rated output.

Do you have a Fry's near you?

They commonly run deals of motherboard/cpu combos, usually celerons or semprons, for $59.99. Way better than what I've seen online. Also, Microcenter/Fry's occasionally have cases that are $10-$20 after rebates.

Those two together could put you under your budget.

I found some nice deals on fry's. thanks a lot man

No offense, but you are using one of the worst brands of PSU's in your system (Logisys).

I'm not a moron, I know what brands are good and bad.

I bought this Logisys almost 3 years ago and it's still going strong. Would I like to have a different PSU? Sure. But I purchased this when my old case PSU died, and I had almost no money to spend, so I grabbed what I could to run my machine.

So question my experience all you want, but I've been buying parts to put in machines for 6 years. I know what works and what doesn't. And on a budget, Apevia works just fine.

I am wither hakiri, I am not bothered I have had high end PSU's blow on me more than mid range to lower end. just deal with it not every PSU's is the same from ever builder an not ever person needs or wants a 400+ watt PSU most systems can get away with it.

Look every one grow up most people would rather but a system than build one an lets start recommending what people want an need over what they can spend an OC to.

PSU's is the absolute worst component to skimp on. Buy a quality one now and don't worry about it again. I bet that Apevia you linked doesn't even output half of its rated output.

QFT.

I bought a Corsair 550vx when I built my system even though it was overkill but now a year later I love knowing that even if a wanted to get a Q9550 and GTX 285 I wouldn't have to upgrade my psu to run them.

I have never seen anything good come from cutting corners on hardware.

Bottom line: a budget is a budget. You do what you can with what you got.

It would be such a better world if Corsair PSUs were available to everyone on the planet because they were cheap, but they aren't.

Notice how people who have their own businesses building and repairing computers, or have worked for any length of time in computer repair shop is fine with using budget PSUs based on the the experience with said products. While not ideal, they work more often than not. If I had the money, I'd love to have a Corsair for my own machine, but hey, we can't all have money for what we want.

Bottom line: a budget is a budget. You do what you can with what you got.

It would be such a better world if Corsair PSUs were available to everyone on the planet because they were cheap, but they aren't.

Notice how people who have their own businesses building and repairing computers, or have worked for any length of time in computer repair shop is fine with using budget PSUs based on the the experience with said products. While not ideal, they work more often than not. If I had the money, I'd love to have a Corsair for my own machine, but hey, we can't all have money for what we want.

The point is, if you can't afford quality components then there is no sense wasting money on ****ty components. It's a 20$ difference between the Apevia and the Antec I linked (as well as several other name brand, cheap models like Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, Silverstone etc). Get a quality PSU and save money elsewhere. Otherwise, if your PSU decides to explode and fry all your other components, you'll wish you spent the extra 20$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom