Best AMD AM3 motherboard...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Yes, I am considering going AMD.

Now, I want the best AM3 mobo, but am a bit hesitant to spend 160 quid on an amd motherboard..but I may do it anyway :/

After a little research it seems the best are:

• MSI 790FX-GD70
  • Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD5P
  • Asus M4A79T Deluxe

Which is the best of these 3 and why? I don't care about crossfire or anything...just want a very good overclocker.....

Also, what's better about the UD5P compared to the UD4P?

I would recommend the ASUS. The top 4 OC records on the CPU-Z Validator all use that board, the last one being a UD5P.

The only differences between the UD4P and the UD5P is I think the UD5P has full x16 Crossfire, while the UD4P supports x8. Also, the UD5P has 10 SATA ports instead of 8, and dual gigabit instead of a single.

As far as overclocking, dunno if there's much of a difference. But I still recommend the ASUS. If you want to spend less money though, go for the UD4P.

I love Gigabyte. My last 3 motherboards have been Gigabyte and now I have the Gigabyte AM3/AM2+/AM2 motherboard (790X UD4P) and absolutely love it! Overclocked my CPU easily, my GPU easily and had absolutely no problems.

THanks guys, after much research and some help at a few other forums I think I have decided on the Gigabyte UD4P.

The Asus is quite good but I've almost always had Asus and want to try something new...also the UD4P is quite a bit cheaper.

Still have not decided 100% if I want to switch yet though, as it will more than likely be a small downgrade from my Wolfdale setup...but on the other hand I've got a solid upgrade path and something new to play with :)

First is to swap my data over from my RAID array to my brand new WD Black 1TB :) ditching raid for now as I don't like all these drives and wires hanging around.

Wolfdale setup? Have you got a different one to the pc in your sig?

A Phenom II should be a slight upgrade from your Q6600 - and should be able to overclock better with some love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom