my feedback- site still hangs on me - solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
"Site Feedback "

so i know this is the correct place :D

• I have had a problem with this site ever since it had a face lift a few months back.
• It does this to me on all the computers i have used here in oceanside where i live.
• This problem i have only happens with techist.com, and no other site.
• I get this problem for both IE7 and IE8

ok, so here is the problem.

It does not always want to load for me...it just hangs sometimes and eventually i get the "cannot display this page" error by IE.
I can click a random link here at tech-forums and it will never load, i have to retry and retry over and over until it loads.

its very frustrating. there has got to be a probelm with my local isp vs tech-forums

anyone who knows anything that may fix this problem please speak out.

thanks in adavance.

ps- it really sux sometimes to take 5 mins just to a thread!

Have you tried a different browser? I have tested this site in every browser from IE6 in XP to IE8 in all 3 Windows OS's from XP to Win7. I have used final versions of Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox and the latest Beta release. I have done plain install and with heavy modifications.

The only thing you can do is talk to your ISP. There is nothing we can do to help. It will be up to them to try and help you resolve this since no one else can duplicate your conditions.

Have you tried a different browser? I have tested this site in every browser from IE6 in XP to IE8 in all 3 Windows OS's from XP to Win7. I have used final versions of Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox and the latest Beta release. I have done plain install and with heavy modifications.

The only thing you can do is talk to your ISP. There is nothing we can do to help. It will be up to them to try and help you resolve this since no one else can duplicate your conditions.

ya its not the browser, i have used chrome as well.

i was just wondering if anything changed with the facelift the site got. because that is when the problem began, if we can pin point any changes to the way the site loads then i can use that info when i talk to the isp provider and ask them for solutions on my end.

Nothing has changed at all. We are still on the newer sever which is faster than the old server we had with the default theme. Maybe the server location? Use flagfox in firefox it should give you a location. I think it says Texas or something like that.

for me it's been fine since the upgrade. Before that it was slow sometimes, and ok maybe a little slow right after the upgrade, but for months now it's been fine.

I've been noticing a problem on tech-forums site on every page and it seem's to be getting more persistant.
When I login here and view the pages everything is fine, when I need to logoff or reboot my pc the tech-forums site "WILL NOT SHUT DOWN" no matter which browser or pc I am using.
IE7, IE8: the real problem, firefox any version and any other pc I can access while am not home it will say it can't close down because the site is having problems, it browsers crash and I have to reboot the browsers.

This all started up after april 5, 2009 and is still not fixed.

Try going to a different site and see if the browser shuts down then. There is no way that TF is causing your browser and system to halt like that. It would be your browser.

I do get the occasional 'database error' and the usual problem of it constantly signing me out, but other than it's fine. Still perfectly useable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom