Replacement Dell Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppafreak

In Runtime
Hi There,

I have Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. The original Dell battery on it is completely dead. I checked into buy a original Dell battery but it costs $155. On the other hand, I could find an after market battery on e-bay three times cheaper. The batteries on e-bay have the same specs as the OEM from Dell. The sellers warranty the battery from 1 to 2 years.

Is there a down side buying an after market battery? Has anyone had experience with after market batteries?

Thanks

Of course there is a downside. They are not Original Manufacturer Equipment. Many people I have seen around here say that they all stink. They dont hold a charge for nothing and the replacement on them is harder to get than if you were to try and get Dell to replace your laptop.

But that is just what i have heard.

I have managed to luck out with my supplier for aftermarket batteries where they have worked quite well. If fact, some times I can get higher battery capacity than manufacture's can offer.

I've gotten the "ebay replacements" before for a few different Dells and I've not had any issues. Just buy from a seller with the highest rating you can to help ensure you'll have the best experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom