Latest Pics of my Rig... Down to 1 rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I'm running a stress test on it right now.. 2 hours and still going. :D I juiced it up a little more... PII940 @ 3.5g, no VCore step.

I'll bump the AMD OC thread back up when the test is done, or when I feel like shutting it down. LOL

I brought it down to one RAD.. I may add the second one in series with the first one just to see what the temps hit.. I may also move the rad to the top of the rig.. It sits near the wall now, so I think all that hot air is just getting blown back through the rad..

Anyway.. ENjoy.. :D

dsc0003prz.jpg

dsc0008svq.jpg

dsc0011aqa.jpg

dsc0011aqa.jpg

Aspire was telling me that one rad flows better than two... So I figured I'd try it.. I was running two rads, in kind of a parallel but with one pump. Pump > rad > CPU > rad > GPU > Pump... Now it's just Pump > rad > CPU > GPU> Pump.

I'm running a 4870 GPU, the block is a Swiftech full block..

I pulled the comp away from the wall a bit more and stuck a box fan in front of it and at an angle.. The temps dropped 3* pretty quickly.. Went from 57* down to 54*.. :D I'm gonna go check it again.. This stress test is goin on 3 hours.. My office is gettin hot! LOL jacked the ceiling fan up too...

dsc0002gss.jpg

testqek.jpg

Updated Box fan placement.. LOL... I'm experimenting with what works better...
dsc0006x.jpg

I stopped the stress test a little after 4 hours.. Let it cool down for about 45 min at idle, then ran the second radiator in series with the first one..

So it's running rad to rad now.. I restarted the stress test and it seems to be taking the change well.. It's sitting at 51* now.. But we'll see after about an hour.. I backed the box fan off and stuck it back on top of the file cabinet where it was originally..

-Just noticed this..Can a mod move this to the tweaking room please.. I gotta start paying better attention..

did your GPU temps change any when you put the other rad in rad to rad?

Radiator placement made a HUGE difference!! It runs VERY cool now!!! :D I'm 110% happy with the performance now! -But crysis locked up.. Too much going on, it does that.. I moved both rads to the top of the computer, over the top fan.

This is RIGHT AFTER I shut the game off.. I played fro about an hour and a half, notice the max temps.. :D -I always keep HW Monitor running when I game. It was running about 41CPU and 32 GPU during the game.. It dropped VERY fast when I shut the game off..

gamess.jpg

I'm gonna run a stress test now and see how the temps differ..

18x (3.6g) is somewhat unstable with out touching the voltage (when tested, I haven't messed with the voltage yet.. trying to get a good clock w/o it). It ran Prime 95 for about 5 min and then I got the blue screen. I dialed it down to 17.5x, again without touching the voltage and it got me to 3.5g and the temps below. The temps in me prior post were directly after playing crysis warhead for an hour and a half with the specs maxed out. My Ram is @ around 2.16v. Prime95 just ran for a little over 2 hours before I shut it down @ 17.5x @ 3.5g, about the same as it was when I ran it for 4 hours but with a LOT cooler temps!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Holy crap this thing is running cool now! I ran Prime95 for two hours with no box fan and minimal circulation in the room and this is what it netted: (shot taken just after test shutdown, note max temps)

test2ss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom