Restart Issue with AOpen AK86-L mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unchecked the "reboot on error" box, still happened. Oh well, can't say I didn't try. I also ran Dr. Watson, no errors. There is also no mention of system restarts in the events log.

I just downloaded a diagnostic tool for my hard drive off of Samsung's web site, and am about to go run it. I'll post and let you know what happens with that.

I know its not a virus/malware issue :)
I have kept my computer clean of that junk since day 1.

are u sure that u applied the as5 properly? ive seen a lotta cases when its not been applied properly (usually too much as5 on the chip)... and that causes heat issues as well..

what power supply have you got?
it may be that the PSU is not supplying enough power to your components
or try and find out the temperatures, especially of the CPU. Like Nubis said first, it could be overheating, and restarting to prevent damage

or maybe as a last resort have u tried zero filling the whole hd? then u can install windows.. thats what i do when i have no other choice :confused: lol.. n ud be surprised how many times its worked :) lol

I have a 520W power supply that I just bought and installed a few days ago. Its an Aspire I think, and it has the UV protection on it. I got it off NewEgg. So, power shouldn't be the issue.

We applied the Arctic Silver just as described, with only a small amount, and then twisting the heat sink down to spread it. When done, it looked just like the picture. I tried reverting the BIOS to an earlier version as somebody suggested on another forum (worked for them) and I still got a restart. So, appears I'm stuck again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom