Ranked CPU List

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
Ok everyone, I was reading this thread Are AMD processors really better than Intel?? - Page 3 - Computer Forums and thought, we have a Ranked GPU list, why not make a Ranked CPU list based on performance alone.

We can debate the close calls, and it may be fun making the list all the way down to the last cpu that you guys would actually recommend anyone getting on a tight budget for a new build.

Its up to you guys,

I will start out a simple list (Intel in blue, AMD in green)
I expect you guys to correct it because I know its not right. I dont know all the QX series

This is for stock speeds only guys!

i7 975
i7 965
i7 950
i7 940
i7 920
QX9775
QX9750
QX9650/ Q9650
Q9550
Q9400

Phenom II 955
Phenom II 945
Phenom II 940
Phenom II 920

Q9300
(any QX6000's?)
Q6850 / QX6850
Q6800 / QX6800
Q6700 / QX6700
Q6600

and so on, you guys help make the list.

have fun

I'm not going to contribute (yet). But I'd like to warn you guys before you post in here, keep this as civil as possible, and no flaming fests.

EDIT: crap.. beaten to it by Hikari o_O

You should elaborate on this. There should be a "Before Overclock (Stock speed)" list, and a "After Overclock (Overclocked speed)" list. Some people will use this list as a guide if they're extreme gamers, and want the fastest stable system. Some users will use this for just a general computer, and may be fooled if you put up an overclocked CPU that may be faster than a certain CPU AFTER the overclock, but not before.

Seems like there is much more discussion regarding the rules than actual listing lol...

Good idea to keep this at stock speeds, since there's a lot of speculation involved with overclocking, including motherboards, cooling, RAM, etc.

i agree with this.

i agree with this too!

thats what all of you are here for!

all i wanted to do was get it on track so the train can start movin!

I added stuff... I think the Phenom II placement's are off a lot.. but I'll leave that to Apok :D

ok, lets get started guys

are we all in agreement that the list starts with the i7 lineup

#1-i7 965
#2-i7 940
#3-i7 920

if we are, lets move to the next 3 on the list,

#4- ?
#5- ?
#6- ?

edit: and oh, lets keep this for desktop cpu's only, no server cpus, dont want to get this too confusing!

edit: when debating, dont use superpi benchmark to compair: Intel to AMD, Quad Cores to Dual Cores, Dual Cores to Single Cores, Triple Cores to any Cores. It would only be wise to compair against the same type of cpu from the same brand, such as E7300 vs E8400 as an example, or x2 6000 vs x2 7750, or Q6600 vs Q9300. but dont use superpi only, there are many other benchmarks that tell a much different story. remember, superpi only uses one core (correct me if im wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom