CPU temps at 100% load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i'll get those photos posted up tomorrow!

would these temps be ok for a while? like Prime uses 100% of the cpu.

i doubt running many games will tax the system 100%, like imnot going to ever run crysis! because i dont like it!

so in theory these temps should be fine right?

like right now -at idle- with speed fan and core temp up the temps are pretty low.

core 0 is 37
core 1 is 37
core 2 is 32
core 3 is 32

Sidenote: Screenshots with the PrntScrn button are easier than taking pictures with a camera of your screen ;).

Until you have time to lap you can turn down the vcore.

You should only need 1.1 to 1.15 to run at stock and that will help with the temps.

make sure and test stability with prime.

These do run hot. temps around 70C should not worry you with the i7.
But you are running too hot.
Try with the case open to see if that helps as you may need some more case fans.

Do you have a pic of your true mount. a remount may be in order as well.

mine can run 1.0 at stock speeds...try going as far as you can as long as it's stable. still though, with a TRUE those temps are high. I think stock vcore(1.29) and stock speeds..and stock heatsink i maxed at like 68C

that makes me feel slightly better! i think that i will lap it when i get back from india ^^

i just need to run like....something decent on it to see what the cpu usage goes up to =p

You'll be fine. Mine runs at about the same temps as your 24/7. But I'm at 4.2Ghz with a True Copper.

A little updated here.

finally spent the 2 hours to lap my TRUE.
Idle temps only dropped 1 to 2C.
Load is where it shined.

Dropped temps around 7C under load with prime.
running around 63C now from 70C.
It did not even out my core temps as much as I would have liked but the delta is only 2C where it was 4C before.
Same settings.

Definitely worth it especially if you got an older true which came with only 1 fan bracket. feel the bottom of it and you will feel all of the grooves in it. Mine is now shinny and copper.
:)

Those temps are WAY too high. I only hit the 70's when ive ocd 3.8 GHZ and more. To get that in stock with a TRUE is rediculous. I think you applied too much AS5.

ok guys! so i re-seated the heatsink, and used to paste supplied with it! just to see the difference!

here are the photos! so tell me what u think! i still think they are high!

2009-06-02191230.jpg

2009-06-02191239.jpg

thats over like 3minutes! with prime

2009-06-02191436.jpg

2009-06-02191456.jpg

thats like after 5minutes!

like i put another fan onto the TRUE 120 too! so i thought that it would reduce the temps! i think it might of in a way! but....im thinking about taking the heatsink off again and using AS5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom