My pc doesnt rcognize my HDD in Vista 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot on to it? I burned a CD with it on there and It acts as the same as if it were just mounted.

Sorry for the multipost here again, I could not find where to edit my last post.

I made the CD, then booted it at start up. It does not even recognize the HDD at all. I think tomorrow I will just put my old syste, back together as I had it, and then when I get it to work as it did, I will just Burn some DVD's of everything I need. Then I will put my machine back together. I will have a friend that was going to help me tweak my new system anyways tomorrow, so I guess I will just do that. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOR HELP!!!!

Spiro

It is in the lower right hand corner of the post.

editbutton.png

That is how you edit a previous post to add information.

What option did you select when you tried GParted? Did you try all the options or just the first one? Did you try the Old Config one?

Boot on to it? I burned a CD with it on there and It acts as the same as if it were just mounted.

Sorry for the multipost here again, I could not find where to edit my last post.

I made the CD, then booted it at start up. It does not even recognize the HDD at all. I think tomorrow I will just put my old syste, back together as I had it, and then when I get it to work as it did, I will just Burn some DVD's of everything I need. Then I will put my machine back together. I will have a friend that was going to help me tweak my new system anyways tomorrow, so I guess I will just do that. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOR HELP!!!!

Spiro

Once you burn the ISO to a CD/DVD, leave it in the tray and then restart. You should be prompted to boot from CD/DVD, but if not, go into your BIOS (press the DEL key when you see the POST screen) and then change the first boot device to CD/DVD.

Keep in mind that if you have files on that drive, you will lose them when you format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom