PC Performance Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eayes

Baseband Member
I've recently finished building my first system and it seems to be running fine but I'd love to know it's running up to snuff. I know there are ways of checking performance as I see people talk about it on here. Can anyone tell me how or point me in the direction of things that can be used to measure performance on a PC. Thanks very much.

Here are the specs:
LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB

Nice setup. I like the one in my sig better. :)

Let me know if you need any help with bios setup or have any questions.

I did actually post and ask about the BIOS but I'm still confused on that. Is it just a matter of downloading the latest updates for my board and installing them or would there be a reason not to update it?

No reason not to update.

I am running all of the newest drivers and they work great.

Bios is easy to update via a usb thumb drive, floppy or cd and using the asus ez flash utility from withing bios itself.

Any reason you can't download them to your HD and install from there?

Since the HD is controlled by the controller in the BIOS it's not a good idea as that information could be flashed. I honestly don't think it's even an option. Also, sometimes the HD control is dependent on the OS which isn't loaded when in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom