GTX295 still king ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents elextricity bill was a joke :D I'm not quite that cold hearted.

Yeh, i need better ram.. this is true. Looks like a GTX295/Corsair 750/4GB 1066 is the way to go right now.

@Rican

I live in cold cold england where it never gets hot, and my case is very cool because i've done some pretty good cable tidying. I'd be tempted to get a BFG GTX295, for the last BFG card i had they replaced free of charge because my card got damaged from getting to hot. I didn't have to convince them too much, either.

It's either all this or a graphics tablet, it all depends on whether i value the quality of my A level graphics work over my computer - which is unlikely, but we'll see.

22degrees isn't hot :p and this is a very rare condition..

Lol, it gets to double that here. Although very rarely.

A graphics tablet would be awesome, but i would only want to get one that is actually and LCD, so you imediately see where the pen is going. Have you ever tried them out?

It's either all this or a graphics tablet, it all depends on whether i value the quality of my A level graphics work over my computer - which is unlikely, but we'll see.

hmm, do you do a lot of graphics work? If so perhaps you should get one instead, because these upgrades are kinda pointless (well not pointless, just you don't NEED them, you just want them, which every techie feels, but perhaps you should get something that would be more useful)

I myself am getting a graphics tablet as soon as i get in my new house for photoshop work. It will also come in handy in my graphical design course next year.

What i personally would do is make a pro's and cons chart about all the items, and the one with the least cons and most pro's get, if you still have money to use then get the next one with the least cons and most pro's and so forth. Just my 2cents.

Aren't new cards supposed to come out in July? That's less than two months away.

yeah i was going to say, the GT300 series isnt far off and the ATI 5 series also. You might as well wait since these upgrades are not worth the money then upgrade for a bigger performance increase in about a quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom