Good for game design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Okay... I have decided to go into the BA program at EWU for Video Game Design. I am wondering if my wish list comp will be adequate for this? It might not be the best but I think it will do okay... Any comments... I only have about $1000 MAYBE I have to see what graduation rakes in.

Okay... I have decided to go into the BA program at EWU for Video Game Design. I am wondering if my wish list comp will be adequate for this? It might not be the best but I think it will do okay... Any comments... I only have about $1000 MAYBE I have to see what graduation rakes in.

i dont see why not, not sure if nvidia's cuda would help you in that department or not, may be worth looking into. or the guys here can answer that for you.

Well thats about the best rig you can get at the current with about 900. You should be fine with that rig, excluding the video card it's the fastest components you can get, especially once the i7 is overclocked.

For the same price you can get a gtx260 which may be better for some nvidia optimized games, unless nvidia cards are better for game design support or something there is no other card as fast as the 4870 1gb for that price.

It really goes either way. There are for the most part averaged equally. Although in your situation i think you would want the extra memory of the 48701gb's if you were to go Xfire later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom