Powers Down when playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadRussian

Baseband Member
This started happening recently. After playing tf2 for about 30 min. or Left4Dead, my computer just powers down. I'm not sure if this has to do with CPU temp. because mine is at 73C idling. Not sure if that's high, if it is and that's the problem, then I could just reapply thermal paste and fix it up, but I'm not exactly sure. Any help would be great. Thanks

By the way, my CPU peaks out around 111C when playing tf2

BTW, my specs in the sig are outdated.
Current specs below-

intel c2q6600
xfx 680iLT
ATI radeon 4870 512mb
2gb OCZ 800mhz ram
WD 400gb sata
WD 500gb sata

Vista Ultimate 32bit

73C on idle is way too hot.

I do not like those temps even under load.

check to make sure your cpu fan is still running.
remove and reapply thermal paste on your heasink and make sure it is attached properly.

What heatsink are you using?

By the way, my CPU peaks out around 111C when playing tf2

May I be the first to say, WHAT THE F**K?

CPU at 111*C? You have some VERY SERIOUS cooling problems. If those are accurate temps (which I doubt they are) then you have probably severely damaged your processor.

If your proc is that hot, stop using your PC until you get cooling...

I got the temps from ntune. I dont know how accurate they are but it's what its telling me. I've stopped playing games since the 3rd time it powered down so I don't have the worry about that. I'm getting some new thermal paste tomorrow, I think mine dried up

Thermal paste isn't going to effect your temperatures by 50*C. You shouldn't even be running 75*C at full load, yet you say you hit that at idle. That is very very high.

Check your temperatures via the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom