upgrading videon on Lenovo K220

Status
Not open for further replies.

squat123

Beta member
Will the GeForce 9600 GT be a good replacement for the nvidia GeForce9300 that comes with the k220? (I got a deal through my wife's work on the k220, like under $500). So, will the new video card help run 3d gaming software?

I would say you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in my opinion. If you are going to upgrade you have to get 9800. with some decent memory configurations. 700MB and above. Save yourself some dollar bills and work toward 9800 or my personal favorite GeForce GTX 295! What kinds of games do you play? Do they not run very smoothly with what you have?

Will the GeForce 9600 GT be a good replacement for the nvidia GeForce9300 that comes with the k220? (I got a deal through my wife's work on the k220, like under $500). So, will the new video card help run 3d gaming software?

For gaming, a 9600GT is a HUGE step up from a Geforce 9300 which really to put it mildly, sucks.

I'd get it if you like to game..

what psu does the computer have.

That will be a determining factor as to which vid card you can run without a psu upgrade.

Oh dang.. no way you could ever run a 9600GT on there..

You could run an HD 4670 on there which is almost as fast as a 9600GT, but requires no power connector, overclocks better and runs cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom