New low profile video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
I currently have a EVGA 7300 GS and I'm looking for a graphic card to run Sims 3 on max settings, the graphic card has to be the same form factor since I'm running on a XPC SK22G2 SE. My budget is around $100 so I'm not looking for anything fancy, since it's not really going to be used for gaming and really just watching movies with, but still I want to be able to play Sims 3 flawlessly. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD 64 X2 3800+
MOBO: FX22V10
Ram: 2 x 1GB DDR2 800 Dual
GPU: EVGA GeForce 7300 GS
PSU: 250W PSU
HDD: WDC 232 GB

As for low profile cards ther are plenty of reasonalbly priced options for you.

Your psu is going to be the limiting factor.
Most of the newer cards require at least 350watt psu.

here is the list of cards from newegg.
Newegg.com - Video Cards & Video Devices,Desktop Graphics / Video Cards,PCI Express 2.0 x16,Low Profile Ready,

what is your budget?

As for the 4770 if you could find a low profile version post up a link.
The best ati i found was a 4650 which has a recommended psu requirement of 550watt

Okay so I looked at the link you referred me to and I've been looking at the video cards and I ran into this one, seems as though people were able to play it with a low watt psu but the only thing is that some mentioned that the hdmi didn't output sound and it just ran static noises... pricing is great since it's a 1 gb and heard it's great for a htpc... so anyone had any experience with this?

Newegg.com - ASUS EN9400GT/DI/1GD2(LP) GeForce 9400 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

well it being 1gb doesn't matter, as you would get the same performance out of a 512mb version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom