The differnce between 1 DIMM and 2 DIMM of 512mb memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy

Solid State Member
The difference between 1 DIMM and 2 DIMM of 512mb memory

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 512 Mb 1 DIMM OR 512 MB of 2 DIMM ram? Which is better, 1 DIMM or 2 DIMM? I'm clueless when it comes to technical things with a computer? The person I ordered from was supposed to give me 512 MB of 2 DIMM but only gave me 1. I'm wondering if I shoud call him back and have him change it. Could someone explain the difference?

Also, has anyone had any experience with the Dell Inspiron 600m with the Pentium M centrino mobile technology? I know it's not as powerful as the pentium 4, but it's a lighter notebook. I do a lot of multitasking and some photo editing but I'm not a gamer so I don't need lightening speed.

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance!

I tried the link but the article you suggested wasn't there. It sounds like I should have 2 DIMM?

I'm a techie virgin, I haven't got a clue. All I know is that I purchased a machine with a pentium M chip. Does that help?

Thanks elbotrop! The article looks like it has a lot of good information. I'll read it and then post again if I'm still confused. Have a peaceful night.

Thanks so much for the information and the nice welcome. Here is what I have:

512MB,DDR,266MHz,
1DIMM

Inspiron 600m,Intel Pentium M Processor 715(1.5GHz),14.1-in XGA,with
32MB Video

Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 (802.11b/g) Internal Wireless

I think I paid too much, but that is another story.

Thanks again.

Wow, you know where to find the information. I went to the Dell link you provided and it says:

256 MB DDR SDRAM standard, upgradable to 2 GB maximum

2 SoDIMM sockets, both are user-accessible

If both are accessible, would'nt it make sense to have 2 DIMM?

I'm getting tired, have to get up for work tomorrow. I'll look forward to your reply

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom