HD 3200 hybrid with HD 4670?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prauch2k

Baseband Member
I just picked up a HIS IceQ OCed 4670 512mb GDDR3 card. My integrated card is a HD 3200. I was wondering is it possible to run a hybrid crossfire with them? Here are my specs below..

CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 1.8ghz
Ram: 4GB DDR2
GPU: HIS IceQ OCed 4670 512mb GDDR3
HD: 640GB
PSU: 300 watt OEM
Display: 17inch Widescreen LCD run @ 1440x900

Also.. will a lower PSU then recommended limit the potential performance that my new card can handle? It currently runs but I feel like its not reach its potential.. atleast compared to the review's it gets. I'll post my FPS from TF2 so you see what I mean later.

Nope. Hybrid Crossfire with the onboard 3200 will only work with a select few cards.

CF_combo_chart_Dec07.jpg

As for the PSU, it would be a good idea to upgrade it for sure to be on the safe side either way.

I just picked up a HIS IceQ OCed 4670 512mb GDDR3 card. My integrated card is a HD 3200. I was wondering is it possible to run a hybrid crossfire with them? Here are my specs below..

Also.. will a lower PSU then recommended limit the potential performance that my new card can handle? It currently runs but I feel like its not reach its potential.. atleast compared to the review's it gets. I'll post my FPS from TF2 so you see what I mean later.

It wouldn't like Hikaricloud said, and in any case you wouldn't want it either way. If you did Hybrid CrossfireX the performance would probably be less.

Wow, thanks for the quick posts! I'm glad I didn't waste anytime trying to figure out how to run them in crossfire then.

Can you guys point me to a budget 400-500 watt PSU. I'm not to sure what I'd need.. I'd want it to be somewhat future proof if I ever decide to upgrade my video card again. Here are two I saw.. I know APEVIA was one to avoid according to the PSU post but why is that? I'm leaning towards the COOLER MASTER. Any thoughts?

APEVIA WIN-500XSPX 500W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply - Retail
Newegg.com - APEVIA WIN-500XSPX 500W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply - Power Supplies

COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3 500W ATX12V V2.3 Power Supply - Retail
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3 500W ATX12V V2.3 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Have you ever come across a PSU that could cripple a GPU's performance though? Where it would not allow the GPU to push as many frames per second out?

I think that only happens if the Power Supply isn't good enough to power the card.. and since the HD 4670 requires no power connector, you don't have to worry about it

I'm having issues with the performance of my card.. With everything set on high in TF2 I average 50fps but if I get into a fight it drops to 10-25 fps. Do you guys see a potential bottleneck with my PC anywhere?

Its your Phenom X4 9550.. its a pretty weak CPU..

I have an HD 3850 which is equivalent to your card in power, minus the power connector but mine doesn't do that in TF2 at all... try to defrag your hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom