Any Triple Channel RAM AMD boards out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
like it says.. I'm wondering if there are any triple channel DDR2/3 AMD Boards out there like the Evga X58 Intel board.. The market hasn't seem to have done much since the release of the Phenom II CPU's.. Personally, I like to cram as much RAM into my rig as I can. It's OC'd a modest amount, but I ask a lot of my computer, so I feel that RAM is a big selling point to me.

Ideas? I'm running 8g 1066 5-5-5-15 now, and it recognizes all of it.

Why do you like to cram as much RAM as possible into your board? The only way you'd use 8gb of RAM is if you were doing loads of VMs.

And Pinscher is right, triple channel is i7 only.

have you ever went into task manager and monitored your ram usage over a period of time. You would probably find it very hard to use even 4gb up.

that's a silly thing to do...like other's have said it's almost impossible to use that amount in a normal user environment. I think I told you this before too... In my i7 rig I have 6gb. The most I've ever seen used was 47%. That was playing crysis. I also have page filing disabled on my harddrive so RAM is being used more for that. So in my case 3-4gb would of been enough..but i just went with triple channel for the extra speed. having 8gb will in no way benefit you. And if you overclock..it'll actually hurt you.

I don't think its a silly thing to do at all. RAM is dirt cheap anymore. DIRT CHEAP.

Anyone who owns a core i7...who honestly needs that processing power? I'm willing to bet in 90% of the cases a high end quad core or dual core Core2 would have worked fine.

I can use over 5gb of ram, but I deal with some nasty CAD models.

I still think the weak link to new computers are hard drives. Solid state (ones that work well) are wayyyy too expensive.

A hard drive doesn't impact performance that much in terms in speeds of gaming and rendering. A ssd machine will just have better load times for windows and apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom