good water cooling cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.1 you want the cool water coming from the RAD to go straight to your CPU.

It really doesn't make any difference whatsoever. This is because coolant moves through the loop so quickly that it never has a chance to absorb or lose a significant amount of heat at any one point. If you compare the temps from the exits of the cpu block and the radiator, for example, the delta between the two is usually on the order of a degree or two.

Set it up however results in the shortest/cleanest tubing runs.

In regards to the 1200. Yes it's big, but because of that obnoxious fan on top you essentially lose the entire top panel as a place to mount a rad. Same goes with the bottom mounted psu, you lost the bottom of the case.

This then leaves you with the front and the back, neither of which will easily allow you to mount a large radiator internally without some serious modding.

The Haf and the Cosmos S are both great choices.

i have a 2x120mm rad mounted at the top. i ended up going pump - rad - cpu. the tubing looks nice and clean

Pics?? :D

In regards to the 1200. Yes it's big, but because of that obnoxious fan on top you essentially lose the entire top panel as a place to mount a rad. Same goes with the bottom mounted psu, you lost the bottom of the case.

This then leaves you with the front and the back, neither of which will easily allow you to mount a large radiator internally without some serious modding.

The Haf and the Cosmos S are both great choices.

I'm done with antec cases.. I loved it when I first got it and when I first got into pc building, but I've since outgrown the case.

No more PSU on the bottom, I've dropped screws in there.. then you have to disconnect everything, and take the PSU out and shake the screws out. -I'm a shakey person, even with a slightly magnetized screwdriver.

And yes, you lose the bottom of the case. My 900 is so crammed and I don't see the 1200 helping anything. It'll just be useless space between the bottom of the mobo and the top of the PSU.

It's a little more difficult to hide the power cables that go to the Mobo with the PSU on the bottom.

I do like the fan at the top though, but yes, you do loose that space.

best watercooling case in your range is the HAF932... although I am a lil biased.. but since I just realized I already replied to this... ummm...

go to XtremeSystems.org and look in the liquid cooled section for the liquid cooled case gallery.. should give some ideas...

here you go
wcsetup.jpg

Not bad.

Though, I think I might re-arrange the tubing runs a bit.

Perhaps, move the pump into your 5.25" bays and run the tubing accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom