CPU Fan
Thermal Paste
ive got a dvd drive
and im not sure between
1066mhz RAM
or
800mhz Ram

You'll see why in a moment.

because the q8200 has a locked multiplier of 7, to reach 3ghz i would need 428fsb. So, a 1:1 ram ratio, i would need to run the ram at 856mhz, right?

Also, will my mobo be able to hand that?
if you posting another item, only chooes it from ebuyer please, thank you.

A 428mhz fsb shouldn't be a problem for a P5Q Pro.

The Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro comes with pre applied MX-2 thermal paste which is better than Arctic Silver 5 so you don't need to buy any thermal paste.

Thank you!!!
i have a major question. (whats new)
a thing that makes a proccessor fast is its ghz speed of the cores right?
so with the e8400 with 2 core at 3ghz it runs 2 core games quite fast.
and with the q8200 with 4 cores but at only 2.33ghz it runs 2 core games much slower.
however, if you were to OC the q8200 to 3ghz, would the 2 core games run as fast on q8200 OCed as on the e8400?

I wouldn't recommend using the PSU that comes with the case.

I wouldn't recommend buying a q8*** series cpu.

If this is a gaming machine, go for an e8400 or e8500 and overclock that.

Here is a good PSU to get. Corsair 650W TX Series PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail - Ebuyer

I would also grab this ram instead OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory REAPER EDITION CL4 - Ebuyer
I would go with this if its a gaming machine Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket 775 (3.0GHz) 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer

This is a budget build, not a gaming build.
overclocking the q8200 to 3ghz for windows multitasking.
Also, can you suggest a video card for less that £50?
why choose that ram and that psu?

I just got an E8400, used to have a Q6600. Get about 10-20 extra FPS in most games now, zipping+unzipping a good deal faster too. Overclocked to ~3.3GHz on stock cooling+voltage. Not pushing any higher 'til I have my new cooler.
In other words, they overclock great and you're better off with a duo than a quad for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom