Can I make a "I am looking for a laptop" thread too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have a client that is interested in picking up my MSI GX620 Laptop.

Because of the US / AU dollar being stronger, i am thinking about getting some thing from oversea.
Would like to move on form what I am currently using which is Centrino 2 Core2Duo P8600 2.4, 4Gb DDRII, 320Gb SATA, DVD-RW, 15.4" Display, GeForce 9600M-GT 512MB.

I am looking at getting DDR III Ram
16 or 17 inch display. Will settle for another 15" display if the rest of the specs are good. However the 15" display needs to be WXGA+ as I like my desktop real-estate.
320Gb hard drive is okay, but I would rather have 500Gb
BluRay/Combo would be nice, but it's currently not needed.
Better CPU as I am currently on a P8600
Better video card.
Most importantly, it needs International Warranty. I would rather have 2 years. None of this international regional US/APAC/EU garbage that NEC does.

Price range is around about the US$1500 (I am flexible on that price)

ATI Radeon HD4650/HD4850 or nVidia GT 120M 1GB? What the performance difference? And how they compair with the my current GeForce 9600M-GT 512MB?
[EDIT]never mind, I found the following
Notebookcheck: AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Notebookcheck: AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850
Notebookcheck: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120M
Notebookcheck: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

And it looks like I am going to be moving over to the ATI as the nVidia 120m is not much better than what I currently have.[/EDIT]

Bands that I am not interested in are Sony, HP, Compaq, Acer, Gateway.

Looking at the following
Newegg.com - MSI GT725-212US NoteBook Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000(2.00GHz) 17.0" Wide UXGA 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm BD Combo ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850 - Laptops / Notebooks

I am also currently considering Asus. However I have not seen any thing that as appeal to my price and budget.

However both of these are not really a big leap forward for me.

I am also currently hounding my suppliers from what I can get for the following locally.
MSI GX-725
MSI GX-720

I have looked at Dell AU website and I can not say that any of the gaming laptop there really interested in me.

Well from what i see the one on NewEgg seems to be just fine. The first one from MSI, the GX-733 seems to be a great deal as well. If i had a choice i would choose the GX-733 as it seems to be the best.

I am not going to bother with the MSI GX-720 as it's about to get discontinued in Australia. Like my MSI vendor as told me that he only has 2 left, and that is it. I am still waiting for the local release of the GT725 just so I an see what I can get locally paying whole sale price vs. paying newegg + shipping from US to AU.

I don't have much to add because I am too tired to really do alot of searching (I will look around tomorrow after work) but could I ask why you want to upgrade?

I mean, your PC is pretty dang high end as is and is a very nice PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom