Shifting drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lucifer

My gaming machine burnt out a few months ago and is beyond repair. And recently, the piece of crap spare PC I had been using to take it's place temporarily, broke down as well. Now, I have new components on the way, with which to construct a new PC. However, construction, is not my question.

My concern, is that on both those destroyed computers I had files of some importance and interest on the internal drives. I'd like to transfer these files to my new PC once it is constructed (but not permanently install the drives). I was using an external drive to add room to both of those PCs. And I've been wondering, is it possible to simply take the drives from my two busted machines, slide them into the external drive slot, and transfer the files as if I was using a flash drive? I have personal documents, pictures, and programs that I don't want to lose on those drives I DO NOT want to lose, or have fall into the wrong hands.

If the enclosure can be taken apart and has the same interface as the drives you want to put in it, yes you can do it. Or you can just hook them up internally temporarily and not mount them in the drive cage and pull the needed data off of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom