Upgrading my sister's computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
My sister wants to get The Sims 3 when it comes out next week but her PC can only just about handle The Sims 2 with all the graphic settings turned low. She doesn't use her PC much for anything else apart from surfing the net / the odd homework piece on word or on powerpoint. Here are her specs:

AMD 3500+ 2.2GHZ Single Core
1 GB PC3200 DDR
6200 TurboCache Nvidia
1280x1048 Monitor

Sorry if I've missed anything useful or important out. I had my eyes on upgrading the video card as I view that as the main culprit. Some potential graphic cards I thought looked okay for my budget (£50 max).

Sapphire HD 3650 512MB DDR2 Dual DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer ATI HD3650
Gainward HD 3850 512MB DDR2 VGA DVI HDCP HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer ATI HD3850
ASUS HD 4650 1GB DDR2 VGA DVI HDMI out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer ATI HD4650

Suggestions please, many thanks!

What PSU does she have? It will be the biggest limiting factor in upgrading. You could replace it as well, but that will add tot he cost.

What PSU does she have? It will be the biggest limiting factor in upgrading. You could replace it as well, but that will add tot he cost.

Ah, I haven't a clue :/, I will need to check as her system was a prebuilt one from PC World.

motherboard info would be nice as well unless you know it has a pci-e slot.
Your cpu came out right around the switch to pci-e so there is a chance of an agp slot instead.
use cpuz if you do not know what mb she has.
CPUID

For the psu info just open the case and there should be a sticker on it with the stats.
Need watts.
model and amps would be nice if you could get that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom