Pre-Built Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
I was wondering if its a good idea to just buy a Dell or HP computer that has good specs and maybe just throw in a good decent video card instead of building a custom comp. I usually do build custom computers but i am not going to be playing high end games, the only pc games i play is WoW, CSS, TF2, and maybe Left for Dead later on. I notice the desktops are very cheap and good specs, plus i could extend the manufactor warranty for not that much. Anyone got any opinions about this? Much appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Stevo808

Personally, I like building in general. For what you get, it's a better deal. Especially if you know how to build already. That's my opinion though.

As for warranties, the way I see it, if you buy good parts, you don't have to worry about failure as much. Also, the parts have warranties as well, and you don't have to worry about a technician coming over and bungling things up, you can just trust your own judgment when putting it together and fixing it.

Build it yourself man. It is cheaper, funner, and the experience is all around worthwhile. No matter what you will be using it for, and unless you get a ridiculous deal on a pre-built, you will be saving money buy building your own.

In my experience when you upgrade a prebuilt you usually end up buying most of the system twice.

If you post the systems you are looking at and your budget I wouldn't be surprised if someone can put together a parts list that would end up being better and possibly even cheaper than what you would get form a prebuilt.

I agree with what has already been said. You also need to remember that most pre-builts come with sub par mobos and PSUs (why the prices are so low). This directly translates into a limitation on what kind of upgrades you can install later on. In the end, its just loads cheaper to go ahead and build your own system.

Thanks for all the input everyone, i just built me a list from newegg and its only going to cost $506 which is a awesome deal / performance.

If you post the system here some of these guys can prolly show you ways to improve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom