Which one? (****** builders only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Revo PSU for those who dont already know one of the best PSU's money can buy.

Overclock3D.Net :: Review :: 5-way High-End 1KW+ PSU Round-Up :: Introduction & Specifications

Overclock3D.Net :: Review :: Enermax Revolution85+ 950w Modular PSU :: Introduction

JonnyGURU.com - Power Supply Reviews and more! - Reviews - Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W

I wasnt aware that you guys didnt know about this... i was expecting the conversation to be if it was worth the extra 100 for one of the best power supplies ever made.

No doubt the corsair (seasonic) is amazing, but there needs to be a common ground that the enermax is better in every aspect before a real conversation can happen. based on reviews and my threads on overclock.net, sli zone and evga the enermax is the prized choice. is it worth it? based on reviews and tests its sounds exciting enough to try.

why do i need so much power? with higher powered video cards on the horizon its some slack room i want to have, and plus i LOVE getting new things that are kick ***.

johnnyguru final conclusion...

"With the Revolution 85+ series, Enermax comes in like a lion and goes out like a lion. Not only is the 1050W model possibly the most efficient unit of its size on the market to date, nearly everything else about it is drool worthy from the connector counts to the voltage stability to the ripple suppression to the six cool velcro cable ties they give you. There are a couple of minor nitpick worthy things going on in this unit like the so-so quality soldering, but if I were the competition, I'd be real worried right about now."

so ive already ordered this thing and i will give my opinions on for those who care and or are looking for the best

Well, the i7 965 is the best processor money can buy, but that doesn't mean I'd buy it over a 920, seeing as the cost difference is over 700 dollars.

There's no need to be condescending. All you said is you wanted the help to choose a PSU. We gave you our opinions. Your intent is to apparently ignore us and do your own thing.

No doubt the corsair (seasonic) is amazing, but there needs to be a common ground that the enermax is better in every aspect before a real conversation can happen. based on reviews and my threads on overclock.net, sli zone and evga the enermax is the prized choice. is it worth it? based on reviews and tests its sounds exciting enough to try.

Bolded the obvious parts here. I don't think there needs to be a "common ground" that the enermax is the best ever before we can have a conversation. What this really comes down to is if you have or want to spend the money on one. If you do, then what's the point in asking us for our opinion?

You're basically telling us to agree with you to validate your opinion. And sorry to disappoint, but we aren't going to do that. We will give you our own opinions.

And since you already bought it, this thread is pointless. So I'm going to go ahead and close it.

Good idea in closing this thread. I would just like to add one more thing and that is that even if they have the best test performance, that does not mean they are the best all around. Even on Newegg they don't seem to have the best track record (with incompatibilities and already a noticeable amount of DOA units), so I would say that when comparing Enermax with brands that have a much higher approval rating and less chance of DOA it would more than compensate, and in my eyes that makes those other brands better than these Enermax PSUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom