New Build, Black Screen on Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

my454whoha

Beta member
Hey everyone, I just built my first computer and just as my friends told me, it was not without issues. Long story short, I have replaced some hardware and fixed all the issues except for one. When I press the power button everything turns on; lights start flashing and the fans on everything start whirling about, but the screen is black. The monitor is getting a signal because if it doesnt then a little message appears on the screen saying that there is no input.

Over the last month I have changed out the memory, video card... twice, and psu just in case. Still left with a black/blank screen. Please help me get this thing working!

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
EVGA 750sli
8GB DDR2 RAM
EVGA GTX 260
1TB sata WD hdd
LG BluRay/ DVD-RW
APEVIA Warlock 1100W

The 260 requires two 6-pin power connections. Have you plugged both of them in?

Yup, both are in. The only thing left that I can think of that might explain the problem would be the actual cable(s) that Im using to connect to the monitor, and that I will check tomorrow. Any other ideas?

have you checked the monitor on another computer?

monitors will have different input options. are you sure it is on dvi (the most likely for your your computer)

Tried different pci-e slots on your board?

Any post beeps from your board?

Ok, I double checked the 8pin, its firmly set in. I checked with a new monitor and a new cable, still nothing. I didnt try switching PCIe slots, but will in a few and will post afterwards. I havent heard any beeps from the board at all. Is that bad?

Your board doesn't have an onboard speaker that I can find (via images and manual). Try hooking up a speaker to the onboard header and see if it is trying to give a BIOS beep code.

I called EVGA to discuss the problem and they think its a processor or motherboard problem, so I am RMAing both tomorrow and hopefully replacement parts will fix everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom