Spring Loaded Fan Controller-Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_Rapp

Beta member
I have a door on my case and it's making my attempts to add a decent fan controller difficult.

As of right now I'm thinking about getting a Sycthe Kaze Server controller, the problem is that the knobs stick out to far and will not allow my case door to close.

I want to make my own spring loaded mount so the whole unit will slide back into the drive bay when I want to close the case door. I think I'll just cut some rails out of the sides of the controller in line with the mounting holes, and then mount it on somewhat loose nuts, bolts, and washers.

The problem is that I haven't figured out an elegant way to lock it in place yet though. I want to push the controller back further when it is already inside the case to unlock the spring, and also be able to push it in to engage the lock when I'm done with the unit, like a very large push button switch if you know what I mean.

Anyone have a good idea about how to do this?

I've looked at them, and actually currently have a NZXT Sentry 1, but I think that the Kaze Server is more of what I want and I'll mount it recessed if I have to. I've found that most of the flat fan controllers out today are either over priced for what you get, are hard to read, or control to few fans.

For example, the Sentry LX takes up two bays, costs $60 and only controls 5 fans, compared to the Kaze Server which controls 4 fans just as well, if not better with its simpler interface, costs $40 and only needs one 5 1/2 bay.

By the way, the Sentry 1 really only controls two fans despite its specs which say 3, the cpu channel is only able to monitor rpm and lets you act like your altering the speed, but really does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom