What in the name of all that is holy is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tartan_Terminator

Beta member
I'm usually pretty good at computers, i built mine, tweaked mine, and so on. i know mist of the technobabble too. but this.. this has left me most confused.

My specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.01ghz (or at 3.8ghz OC)
Asus M3A78 pro
4gb Crucial Ballistix 800mhz RAM
Gainward 9800gtx+
hiper 550watt PSU

All the components work, and as far as i can tell, overclocking makes no difference to my bizzare issue. Providing voltage is kept high enough. All temperature's are comfortably low, GPU around 40 idle, cpu around 37 idle (AC Freezer Extreme).

This has happened before too, the only way to fix it is a reboot.

The computer effectively goes berzerk. Games start ****ing up, and doing things on there own, e.g menu's will open, followed by EPIC lag. Temperatures look fine when i alt tab. Then HW monitor goes mad, and stars replacing letters with chinese symbology, and declares my CPU to be running at 160,000 degrees, effectively a super nova inside my case. Yup..

Things go pink, more artefacts than the smithsonian!! pink lines, green squares the whole lot xD.

An example of my MSN during this apparent LSD trip my computer goes on.

WTF.jpg

Help would be appreciated please.

and declares my CPU to be running at 160,000 degrees
Made me LOL for ages XD

Anyway, looks like a GPU problem to me. Maybe it's just dying of it's own accord, do you have any others you can try? Though I don't see why the chinese symbols would be caused by GPU, so I think I'm just stumped.

I cant really see how it can be the gpu, its not just artefacts, its total insanity lol, i can run games like Far Cry 2 no problem, for hours on end, surely a dying gpu wouldnt. Most of theartefacts are windows based.

I get the feeling my CPU is miscalculating things, and spewing errors out all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom