Video Card Decals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Mine started just peeling off. Not the main sticker (yet), but the side ones that say BFG MAXXCORE on BOTH of the GTX260 cards. Also, the biggest worry was when the sticker on the middle part of the fans came unstuck, because there is only 2-3mm of gap between these cards in SLI. Made a horrible sound but i figured out what it was and put a stop to it.

Ended up just removing the stickers and im left with the generic (but awesome looking) etched geforce logo's on the sides and nvidia logo on the fans that they put the stickers over.

This ever happen to anyone elses cards?

PS: Its not the heat, 3x 230mm fans, ambient has never been above 30C (yet), and even when the cards hit 70c (at times) the outside is obviously not that hot to have stuff just fall off it (mild temperatures actually).

yeah it happened to my old EVGA 512. i took the sticker off, cleaned it with paint thinner (which made it look extremely ****ty), and when it burned up sent it back to EVGA for a nice new replacement. God bless 'em.

Not to mine, but they could be using a worse quality adhesive than before. If you really wanted to you could use double sided tape (or spray adhesive) to re-stick them.

Nagasama, what did the paint thinner do to make it look bad, just take the shine away? If it took the shine away you could have tried a little Armor All to get it back.

my old XFX 8500GT the sticker pealed off just a little bit but i just used a glue stick to glue it back on. has not happeded with my old 9800GTX or GTX 260 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom