I think this would be enough of a reason for me to switch to Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ True...

I just found a 4870/GTX260 test page on the net.. I mind as well do a whole new build next year.. Intel, Evga, Nvidia, OCZ and a bigger monitors. ~$1500... Roughly..

My buddy taught me how to build computers about 3 years ago, and he told me AMD when I didn't know any better... But the more and more I read, Intel and Nvidia seem to be all around better performers.

Lol. Mate, it's not just about raw performance. AMD is a better bang for the buck nowadays, while Intel has the i7, the fastest set of processors out on the market right now. ATI can be a better bang for buck in most cases, unless you want the best performance with the high end expensive cards, which is where nVidia holds the crown. It all depends on what you want in a machine.

Hes got a quad core phenom not a dual, which is roughly the same as a e8400 around the board, you will see no noticeable increase from going to a e8400, in fct i would rather have a phenom II 940 anyday, four core can really benefit you in the long run. And with that w/c loop you should be able to push some impressive clocks.

^ True...

I just found a 4870/GTX260 test page on the net.. I mind as well do a whole new build next year.. Intel, Evga, Nvidia, OCZ and a bigger monitors. ~$1500... Roughly.. .

If this is for next year, my question about why you would spend money to switch to an e8400 is even bigger. By then, i7s will be much cheaper and there will probably be a few more of them. I wouldn't be putting together a parts list now. Just hang around the forums and keep up to date with the new stuff and you will know exactly what you want when the time comes.

^ Very good points....

The forum never ceases to enlighten me... :D

I got half way through Crysis Warhead with all the settings maxed out, and the card finally froze up on me (1680x1050) LOL.. Not too too bad, but I'm going to go to a single loop system or a dual loop soon. Not the two rad on a single loop like I have now.. I just need a bigger case.. I really want the MM UFO Case.. That office got soo hot, I was sweating trying to play my game!! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom