Audio/Video Production Desktop??

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrider894

Baseband Member
i need a desktop for under 1600 that i can do some pro audio recording on and some minor video editing and capture. can someone help me out??

Moving this to the "high performance" section.

1600 USD, correct? You could get an i7 build with a nice sound card for that...do you have the audio equipment already? Or is this a full from scratch build?

It would be good if you have a decent knowlegdge of pro-sound cards, becuase i know they can be every expensive and chnage the computer components dramatically. M-Aduio make some nice cards so if you haven't already go check some out and find one which has all the inputs you need. I think EMU are also quite good, teo brands to look out for!

^^ EMU is some of the best. M-Audio is nice on the budget end of things. They have some nice components for the cost.

Yep i always wanted to grab a m-audio delta i think it was, nice soundcard for audiophiles :D Even though i dont know a whole lot about this type of thing i love and appreciate crystal claer vibrant sound. I cannot stand onboard Hd audio!

By import tthingy do you mean, PCI card with inputs? becasue you can record via USB,firewire and by PCI card. Im guessing through a PCI card i think this would eb a good choice, but again after we have made to computer build it would be best to post on a AUDIO forum whether or not this card/system would be good. So the way i see this as, you have to whole studio so like one of those equalizer or smapling things that you control levels with and that goes into your choice of audio system wthere it be PCI usn or firewire mechanism., right?

Making a computer for your uses leaving say 400 for a sound device this would be great:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-7F Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

a couple of things for you to consider, is 1 TB enough and two what OS will you want? I think most people would still use XP for audio right? But anyway, this will be a great build just add in the EMU sound system i thought would be good from here E-MU Systems - Digital Audio Systems& , the 1616 PCI, has all the inputs you'll ever need? Of course this could be overkill im not sure.

i have everything when it comes to a sound system i've got more than $15,000 in the system and all i need is a computer.

Most of the people here are going to be hesitant to reccomend which sound card to put into your PC as they don't know much about professional audio. What do you need out of your audio card?

it will be used for recording speeches by pastor's and other people. and will be used for recording worship bands. I've just kinda found that i'm the only person who knows how to do this stuff and i need this equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom