Dell inspiron 537
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8300 (4MB L2,
2.5GHz, 1333FSB)
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz-
2 DIMMs
im more concern about whether the card will fit
into to case or not, the case is inspiron mini
case..or it might overheat? help plz

You should be concerned with whether or not the PSU will handle it as well.

The 280 is a big card, you should probably take some exact measurements if you don't have a standard size case.

link us to a picture of your case...if its the new slim cases, a GTX280 will NOT fit, but likewise your PSU probably can't supply the power

No its not the slim one.. the regular one here's the picture..if its going to overheat can i do anything about it?
dell-inspiron-518-desktop-pc.jpg

oh and ive already bought a 650w power supply

The case isnt too big at 17.4 inches depth. Take a picture of measure the distance from the PCI metal coverings at the back to the HDD bays that will be at the opposite end of the card to make sure there is enough room. That power supply should be fine to run a gtx280, but just incase what model and make is it?

Corsair TX650W..so you mean the case is 17.5 inch?

"280GTX is the same length as 8800GTX measuring 10.5"..... quoted form someone on the other forum...so my case should fit fine right?

Please don't double post, use the edit button at the bottom right of the post.

That PSU should work just fine for the 280.

As for fitting, I guess it would fit if there are no internal bays in the way. Measure from the back bays to double check.

Please don't double post, use the edit button at the bottom right of the post.

That PSU should work just fine for the 280.

As for fitting, I guess it would fit if there are no internal bays in the way. Measure from the back bays to double check.

He might also have to worry about SATA ports or PATA ports getting in the way.. Dell usually places them right next to the PCI-e Slot on the board and if you have a hard drive or two there.. its a real pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom