Thinking about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, like I was saying, you could get that build, throw in a 3450 for hybrid SLI, would handle COD4 fine, dunno about L4D. Under 400 bucks.

It would be a lot better than that machine from Best Buy, that's for sure.

so a 3450 for hybrid SLI would handle COD4? hmm...how do i, as you say, "throw that in there"? tommorow is payday and im going to get a PC for 400 dollars or less tomorrow so....

is this computer going to be able to handle call of duty 4 on its own or do i absolutely HAVE to add that processor from newegg?

The processor from newegg? You mean the video card?

These are a couple benchmarks: Integrated goodness? A review of the AMD 780G chipset - Ars Technica

It's not a permanent solution, it will just tide you over until you have the money to really spend on a card.

so the computer it self will not run cod4 on its own..i need that video card your explaining to me? because right now im looking into something like a one stop simple pick up thing.

i really dont want to have to spend anymore than that 329 (cause of rent..due) so im just wondering if that computer itself will run cod4 well. Ive matched the requirements and stuff and it looks OK to me.

Don't double post, please. Use the edit button next time.

It will run COD4 at lower resolutions. For example, I can play FO3 with just my onboard at lower resolutions with medium settings.

You can also overclock the onboard pretty nicely.

Bottom line, the video on the motherboard I'm recommending for you is a lot better than the 8200 on that other machine you were looking at, and the whole machine is a lot better for an extra 20 bucks.

^^ Yeah, that's better than the one in the store, but not by much. The build I priced him out will suit for now, until he can afford a good video card.

thanks for the help guys! best buy opens in about and hour and 13 mins so ill go as soon as it does. Cant wait to get back into pc gaming.

...you're going to buy the one at Best Buy?

I just said earlier that it's a terrible idea. The build I priced you out for 20 bucks more than that Best Buy prebuilt, and it would kill that one in performance.

You'll be able to upgrade much easier later when you have money, the one you're getting now is a waste of money.

Let's go over this:

- The mobo I priced out will allow for an upgrade to an AM3 processor later on down the pike. To get a significant upgrade on the 8200, you'd need to buy a new motherboard.
- The onboard video on the 780G is MUCH better.
- You get a much faster CPU.

Overall, it would be so much easier to upgrade and wouldn't be as much of a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom