What Nvidia Driver is Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
How do I know if I have the best drivers for my card? I updated them not that long ago but is there any performance enhanced drivers that work good on a GeForce 4400 TI card?

Most manufacturer's dion't make enhanced drivers for nVidia cards that I know of. I always get mine straight from their website. Even my card maker's site says to get them straight from nVida!

eh just trust the drivers from nvidia....they will be the most stable...the only other thing as far as enhancement would be to get the coolbits reg so I suggest doing that if you haven't already, but I'm pretty sure you have haven't you? Didn't you say you OC'd your 4400 a little bit not too long ago or just inquired about it

yep just get the drivers from nvidia's site.. i had "enhanced" drivers from who knows where with my old pc and geforce 4....ya led to reformat
Always trust the big boys dont go with billy bob's super dooper supercharged hemi drivers....

Not always the case.
I got the MSI live update with my FX 5900XT and it downloaded a 'MSI' version of the nVidia 61.77 drivers.

I think it just adds D.O.T. and other small tweaks.

Yea I did overclock, (it's in my sig). Okay I think I have the latest drivers, I just wanted to be sure.

Is the current nvidia driver the 6.1.7.7? And also would flashing the bios help make it faster or not or is it even possible?

yeah you can flash the cards BIOS. My motherboard came with a utility that'll flash it for me in windows so I don't know what you'd use as a utility for the video cards BIOS, but I'm sure the info is out there =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom