GTX 285 2 gig VS 1 gig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 24"" BENQ LCD and a GTX 285 ddr3 1gb. I play games such as crysis, cod, tf2, etc. I use resolution of 1920x1200 always and usually use maxed settings (in most cases 16x 16x) on games and on graphic properties. I can tell you the 1gb is NOT missing anything.. i'm not sitting here wishing i have another gb to use (or not use probably). Get the 1gb unless the prices are that close.

If you look at some reviews it doesn't look like it would be that much better then a 1gb version, the speed was dropped to fit 2gb on the card. In most of the review they compare it to gtx 275 and 4890 so it's hard to tell, only the extreme res it beats the opponents considerably, but so would a gtx 285 1gb.

The price increase is really not worth it. You would be better off buying a multi gpu card like the gtx295 or 4850x2/4870x2 if your so concerned about higher resolution.

A single gtx285 1gb will do you fine at high resolutions also.

Those 2 Gigs could definitely come in handy in games like GTA IV.

I play on medium settings with my current build, my system isn't good enough to play any better. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

wut? you only play on med with your rig? i can easily max it out and i average about 40FPS with the rare 20FPS dip in a big cop chase. you should be able to max it out easily.

considering xbox and ps3 run their games as like 30fps or sumthin, it should be enough. But i dont know if i can handle much under 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom