help with building cheap gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahoo answers is where all of the slow kids on the internet hang out. We make fun of things said there all the time. Listen to the experts, they know what they are talking about.

I'm telling you from personal experience that the Biostar is a great board, and explained why that person thinks Biostar is "eh".

With a 64-bit OS, if you are downloading Win7 RC, it has two different versions. Just make sure you download the 64-bit version.

Overclocking is milking more performance out of your processor, and that combination I have been recommending the whole time is great for overclocking. With your stock cooler, you won't be able to overclock TOO much, but you can at least get to 3.2ghz easily and not worry about temperatures.

EDIT: Also, as for editing your posts. If you just posted something, the general rule of thumb is to not post right after that one if no one has answered. Just edit the first of those two posts.

alright man i think i have everything thank u soo much for ur help, i would be so lost without ur help. ill be back with more questions probably with assembling the computer in a while but thanks a c ya later

Hey, glad we can help. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Just watch out for those double posts. ;)

Biostar is a lot better than they used to be. I use a Biostar motherboard in my main rig, and it is an Overclocking beast. I would put it up against an ASUS or MSI any day of the week.

hey i got another question. do i need to buy thermal paste to put on the cpu or does this package come with it?

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

and if it doesnt come with it which thermal paste, what do u reccomend i buy?

thanks

oh yea i looked into that case power supplie combo u kept telling me to get and i didnt realize how niice of a case it is. its ventalation is great, i think. yea but i am buying it.

The CPU will come with a stock cooler that has thermal paste pre-applied, so you won't need any extra thermal paste.

Also, the case is awesome. Lots of people around here have used it, and we recommend it a lot. The PSU is pretty good for the cash as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom