help with building cheap gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't create a new thread for the same purpose mate, just add on to your old thread.

My suggestions are similar to before.

Cheaper, great mobo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Better RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

I personally don't like that case, but that's a personal preference for you.

I still recommend this case/psu combo, it will save you some money: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Dunno who told you that, but that particular Biostar board is great. I'm running it right this second with the same CPU.

Biostar USED to be an iffy company years ago. But in the past year or so they have really stepped up their game and make some great mobos at good costs now.

EDIT:

You really need to stop posting multiple times. There is an edit button at the bottom right of each post. If you want to add something, use the edit button.

You're going to trust Yahoo Answers?

Look. You asked our opinions for a build. We're giving them to you. We all have a lot of knowledge, seeing as this is a technical forum.

64-bit means you can run more then 3.5gb of RAM. 32-bit has a memory limitation.

ok yea im sorry, ill go with the ram u gave me earlier and is my build a 64 bit or 32 im sorry im really new to this and dont know that much about it. im hoping it wont be that hard to put together

64-bit is what you should be getting.

You can save a little cash and get this kit too, it's 11 bucks less and still good RAM.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

The sticks I listed are better for overclocking, but not needed really.

You also don't need DDR2 1066...the Phenom II doesn't have "native support" for 1066 RAM really. It comes down to the motherboard, and the speed increase you'll see going from 800 to 1066 is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom